- 1/2 ripe avocado, seeded
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 (2-ounce) low-carb, low-fat sandwich wraps (such as California Lavash)
- 4 ounces organic lower-sodium deli turkey
- 4 (1/4-inch) slices tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked
- Scoop pulp from avocado; place in a bowl. Add lemon juice, pepper, and garlic; mash with a fork to desired consistency.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly over wraps. Layer 2 ounces turkey, 2 tomato slices, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 cup lettuce, and 2 bacon slices on each wrap; roll up. Cut wraps in half. Secure with wooden picks. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Avocados are loaded with vitamins B6, C, K, and folate, and are also a great source of fiber and potassium. Many kids gravitate toward them, so they’re a wonderful food to add to salads, sandwiches, dips, and more.