- 8 slices cheese, such as provolone or mozzarella
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced turkey breast
- unsalted butter
- 1. Heat a medium nonstick skillet or a griddle over medium heat. Working on a clean surface, place a slice of cheese on top of each of 4 bread slices. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over the cheese; sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Layer each with turkey and a final slice of cheese. Top each sandwich with another bread slice, and lightly butter outsides.
- 2. Working in batches, grill sandwiches until bread is golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, turn sandwiches, and grill until other side is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more. Slice in half, and serve warm.