The simple act of griddling a PB&J sandwich with lots of butter changes the whole thing, making the outside crispy and the inside warm and extra gooey. What to buy: We took the purist route here with peanut butter and strawberry jam, but feel free to swap in your own combination of nut butter and jelly. This recipe was featured as part of our Most Delicious Sandwiches recipe gallery.
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick, 4-by-5-inch-long) slices white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1Place the bread slices on a work surface and spread the peanut butter on 1 slice of bread and the jam on the other; set aside.
- 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the 2 slices of bread filling-side up and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and the filling is warmed through, about 6 minutes.
- 3Using a flat spatula, flip 1 slice of bread onto the other to close the sandwich. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Reddit
- Save (221)