- 3 pounds Broccoli Cut Into Florets
- 2 pounds Velveeta
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (more For More Spice)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon (optional)
- 3 whole (sleeves) Ritz Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crackers into a large ziploc bag and crush slightly, leaving some large chunks. Set aside.
- Plunge broccoli into boiling water and allow to boil for 1 minute. Strain and set aside.
- Cut Velveeta into chunks. Throw into a large pot with milk, cream, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Melt, stirring occasionally, until totally smooth. Stir in Dijon if using.
- Add broccoli to cheese sauce, then add half the cracker crumbs. Stir to combine, then pour mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top with remaining cracker crumbs, then sprinkle the top generously with black pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and casserole is bubbly.